Target Ovarian Cancer
We are the UK’s leading ovarian cancer charity. Together with the ovarian cancer community, we’re transforming the future for everyone in the UK who is living with ovarian cancer and thousands more who are yet to be diagnosed. But there is so much more to do. We will not stop until we have achieved our goal of doubling survival from ovarian cancer by 2050.
We work to:
improve early diagnosis
fund life-saving research
provide much-needed support to those affected by ovarian cancer
We’re the only charity fighting ovarian cancer on all three of these fronts, across all four nations of the UK. We work with everyone affected by ovarian cancer and health professionals to ensure we target the areas that matter most for them.
There is little to no support for refugees to gain employment that corresponds to skills and experience on arrival, so many newly arrived refugees end up in survival jobs. Ensuring refugees can find work commensurate with experience is vital. Most skilled professionals require intensive English language tuition and UK re-accreditation to be able to practice, which usually involves undertaking exams and/or further training. This process is prohibitively expensive for those who have sought sanctuary in the UK.
As a result, we have Neurosurgeons are working as Care Assistants, Marine Engineers driving us in the back of their cabs and Lawyers are stacking supermarket shelves. RefuAid aims to change that, providing an innovative, practical, scalable and sustainable solutions to employment for refugees in the UK.
RefuAid provides structured, professional English Language tuition and employment support those who’ve sought sanctuary in the UK and are unable to gain meaningful employment and, as such, are unable to rebuild their lives. We have over 300 places on our nationwide English language programme, offer an interest-free loan to cover the cost of UK accreditation and provide bespoke employment support to find those we work with their first full-time role in the UK. As a result of our work we have supported over 100 doctors into the NHS, over 30 nurses and have seen clients take up senior roles with employers such as Maersk, Google, Credit Suisse and many more.
Prizes at the Charity Raffle Include:
- A pair of Rugby Union hospitality tickets for England v Japan at Twickenham on 12th November, kindly donated by Corinthian Sports
- A Curry Masterclass for 6 people with the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Chef, plus overnight accommodation in 3 x Executive Double or Twin Rooms on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis, kindly donated by Hilton Birmingham Metropole
- Tickets for the two best seats in the house for an ENO performance at the London Coliseum, kindly donated by English National Opera
- Overnight stay for 2 with Dinner and Breakfast, plus a round of golf, kindly donated by Wyboston Lakes Resort
- A pair of Football tickets to England v Germany on 26th September, kindly donated by Club Wembley
- An overnight stay for 2 with breakfast at The Celtic Manor Resort, kindly donated by Celtic Manor Resort